Friday 6 March 2009

awards, scarves and daily rudeness...


I got an award, thankyou Leslie!

The text accompanying the award reads as follows:
"This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY-nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this clever-written text into the body of their award."

So, I'm picking the following people:

1. Martha
2. Caroline
3. Frewen
4. Kaz
5. Kris
6. Bianca
7. Kirsty
8. Kristina

Just because I didn't pick you, doesn't mean I don't love you. Hopekins, Leslie, Gina, Rebecca et al, you were got to first, so I thought I'd share the love with others!


Ok, so I'm making a scarf for myself out of the frogged Twilley's Spirit (was armwarmers that looked CACK), but it's a work day project, i.e- I'm only doing it at work when there's nothing to do. I've worked out a pattern (ten rows dc -sc for you USAliens- and five of htr -dunno what that is? Double?-) and it's starting to look quite groovy! Hopefully will get snaps this weekend. I'm also making a scarf for my godmum's birthday (ok, it's the 9th so it probably won't be on time) and to cheer her up because she's signed off work sick at the moment after being in a bit of a fender bender. Nothing too serious, but a bit of whiplash and not feeling too great. I'm making it out of a lovely middleing pale orange crochet cotton, which was a RAK from the lovely Nicola. I'll get a pic of this one too at the weekend. When she said it was a cone of cotton, I thought it'd be one of those little three inch high ones. Noes- it's HUAGE! It must weigh at least 300g! So thankyou Nic, from me, my mum (she's reminiscing again- two mum friendly RAKs in one week. The first was two vintage patterns from the 1970s) and soon too my godmama!

And the daily rudeness I'm alluding to is the commute into London every day for work. I hate it. I will tell all one day... but for now, I'm just going to seethe lol!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for the award sweetie - but I don't think I know 8 chatty people who haven't already been picked (looks embarrassed and pulls a curmudgeonly face all at the same time)

Love Billy NM ;)