Wednesday 15 April 2009

my rainbow, and other news

Your rainbow is shaded red.


What is says about you: You are a passionate person. You appreciate energetic people. You get bored easily and want friends who will keep up with you.

Find the colors of your rainbow at spacefem.com.


My rainbow is red apparently. I like red. This is fine. Also, the most perfect Dewy classification for me:




Lini's Dewey Decimal Section:

303 Social processes

Lini = 2949 = 294+9 = 303


Class:
300 Social Sciences


Contains:
Books on politics, economics, education and the law.



What it says about you:
You are good at understanding people and finding the systems that work for them. You like having established reasoning behind your decisions. You consider it very important for your friends to always have your back.

Find your Dewey Decimal Section at Spacefem.com



Ok, enough silliness and quizzes. To be fair, I haven't actually been doing very much. I've been ill. I'm still feeling ill. The doctors haven't even got my x-ray results yet, and I had them done nearly three weeks ago.

I have made a nice piece of felt, which is going to be used to cover something as a something something in the IME something something. Cryptic enough? I don't want to give anything away to my DSP if she ever reads this. So if you want to see said felt, please leave me a message, and I'll get you a snapshot across. I want to tell you what I've called it, but that might give it away... oh to hell with it, I've been cryptic enough, it's called "Embers and Ashes". Now you guess what it might be like!

I bought some yarn yesterday. I was bad. BUT it was only £1.74 for a 50g ball and is 50/50 wool/acrylic, so it should (in theory) be lovely for a spring scarflet? I bought two balls of a browny-red colourway called Cinnamon, and two in a bluey/lilac called Cardamom (why cardamom? They're GREEN!)- oh, it's Wendy Fusion if I've piqued your interest!

I have been taking quite a lot of photos recently. I usually do in spring. It's all the blossoms and re-emerging flowers. Next time I update, I'll photo slut for you all.

I'm still looking at that damn onesie. I hate it. With a passion. Vehemently. I wish I'd never started it and done a bonnet instead. It can go to hell. I think we've established that mother will probably have to intervene to stop me ripping it all out and dancing naked in it's yarny guts.

The IME continues, Heather and Rebecca have both got Lini goodies in their moleys now, and they've gone on their merry way to the DSPs. I now have Gina's second moley, with a fun theme, so I'm going to enjoy playing with that!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Cardamon that I use in my Turkish Coffee is brown, go figure. I surely wish you would be better.

talumirage said...

The cardamom pods I use in cooking, and have in my Chai tea mix are green... weird!

Gina House said...

I'm so sorry you've been so sick. Please feel better soon!

And those quiz results were so interesting!