Saturday 13 November 2010

Hello!

Hello again people of the internets. Bonjour toute le monde! That may not be 100% accurate, my French is a petit peu rusty.

I have nearly finished my commission ruffle scarf, in just a couple of days! And I had to go to work and run errands! My boyface says its time for me to start making stuff "professionally" now, which I choose to take as a compliment. However, as I told him, if I was doing I just for the money, I wouldn't want to do it anymore. Also, he decided that he doesn't want the hat I was making for him, so I now have a spare Caron Urban Jungle style hat in a 3-ply Aran (2 plies white, 1 black) that actually has a wool content (smells amazing) if any wants it. I was thinking of listing it on Etsy for £5. I'll get a pic up in a couple of days and hopefully get some feedback.
Speaking of amazing smelling yarn, a friend at work did a house clearance and gave me loads of vintage patterns (that still had prices like 2'6 on them!) and some random hanks of yarn. My favourite has to be a cream heavy dk/Aran that smells so strongly of sheep, I'm prepared to bet the poor deceased old lady spun it herself (the house was in rural N. Eire).
Here's a pic of it worked up in just dc, and the ball itself:



It's forming a lovely stiff fabric, but since I don't know how much I have exactly (probably less than 100g) I don't know what to make out of it. I was doing a ruffle scarf, but it's making up too stiff- the ruffles stand up on end!
Anyway, must dash again, crochet calls. Also, I have a cup of tea I don't want to get cold!

P.S: the docs have found a reason for my incredible back pain- I have something wrong with my kidneys. At least its something "real" that they can treat, eh?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: