Monday 10 November 2008

my head hugger


Ok, here we go.
The first post of, hopefully, many!

I thought I'd kick the crochet blog off in style by posting my all-purpose hat pattern. Well, it's all-purpose as long as you want a hat. In treble. With holes in. Yes, well, whatever. It's the first pattern I've ever written, so please be kind!

Written by me, so some creative commons observed; i.e, this is mine. I wrote it, but you're welcome to use it. Please don't say you wrote it though, because I did!
Also, if you make one, please link me to a pic, I'd love to see how you did it! :D

Written using English terms (cuz, I'm English y'all)

Glossary of terms & translation:
ch= chain (US= chain)
sl st= slip stitch (US= slip stitch)
tr= treble (US= double crochet)
dc= double (US= single crochet)

Works up to about a 22" head circumference. You can change this by repeating rows 5-9 until it covers your ears. Also, make less of said rows if you're going for teeny wee sizes.

Ch 5, join w/ sl st.

R1) Ch 3, 11 tr in ring, join w/ sl st, turn.

R2) Ch 3, 2 tr in each tr, join w/ sl st, turn.

R3) Ch 3 *tr in each tr, 2 tr in tr, rep from *, join w/ sl st, turn.

R4) Ch 3 *tr in tr, tr in tr, 2 tr in tr, rep from *, join w/ sl st, turn.

R5) Ch3, tr in tr, join w/ sl st, turn.

R6) Ch3, tr in tr, join w/ sl st, turn.

R7) Ch3, tr in tr, join w/ sl st, turn.

R8) Ch3, tr in tr, join w/ sl st, turn.

R9) Ch3, tr in tr, join w/ sl st, turn.

R10) Ch 1, dc in tr, join w/ sl st, turn.

R11) Ch 1, dc in tr, join w/ sl st, turn.

R12) Ch 1, dc in tr, join w/ sl st, turn.

R13) Ch 1, dc in tr, join w/ sl st, turn.

R14) Ch 1, dc in tr, join w/ sl st, turn.

R15) Ch 1, dc in tr, join w/ sl st, turn.

Things I used:
* Patons "Whisper" (25% mohair, 75% acrylic) yarn in shade 'Bracken'- roughly a ball and a bit (50g balls)
* Size 6 hook (J to those of you in Obamamerica)
* Stitch marker (just to know where the round began)
* Yarn needle for sewing ends in
* A supply of tea and snacks :D

No comments: