Monday 22 December 2008

three days until xmas

Hello everyone out there in internet land.
I hope you're all having a very merry festive period, be it Christmas, Chanukah or Kwanzaa, or something else entirely.
I'm not. I'm still unemployed, had another rejection email, and my extended family are all morons. But on the plus side, I did get a big box in the post today, which appears to be my ravelry UKRAK secret santa. Oh yus.

The scarves we made for my cousins were well received on Sat, as was the beanie for the kid. Not going to say anymore as it will bring back the angries, and I've only just managed to make them go away... suffice to say, the day was crap and ended up with me losing my temper and having to go away to my room for half an hour and have a good rage until I felt better.

Anyway! This is not talking about crochet is it? NO!
I've found a really nice free pattern from Lion Brand (you may need to register to see) that I might look into making in the new year. I've never done a "big" project before. The dog coat I made was a medium project, but I'm more used to making one shot wonders like beanies, scarves, bonnets etc... so this'll be a challenge! I love the colour of it, but not too sure if it'll suit now I have dark hair again... I bet you're all waiting with baited breath, so here we are, without further ado, the Cowl Neck Sweater pattern! The only problem is, I don't know what weight Lion Brand Wool Ease is... I'm sure I can find out from somewhere. Maybe the website? We'll see...

Finally, I've made another beanie. It has ridges lol. Also, working on another one and finishing mum's xmas scarf (had to stop for a week cuz she was on holiday from work but now I'm running out of wool! NO!)

And in non crochet news, I hear my forum friend Leslie hasn't been very well of late, so GET WELL SOON! I hope you heard me in Colorado!

And before I forget, frewen, please make me some felted booties! ;)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Thanks for the well wishes, sweetie and I won't talk about the holies if you won't. Maybe we both can get a pair of booties out of our dear Frewen. Merry Yule to you in Essex, that's across the pond.

LOL, the verification word was UnDec...